|(cc) by KEB|
Here's the word count progress, as of today:
- Finish the story. Which I think will need another seven chapters or so (minimum).
- Rewrite the first five chapters completely.
- Cut the chapters that aren't working and combine the leftovers in new chapters.
- Revise the entire novel.
- Proofread the entire manuscript. Like...four times. I am the queen of typos and I leave words out of sentences all the time. And even though I read my drafts out loud, and go over the printed copies repeatedly, I always miss something.
- Curl up in a corner and rock myself tearfully to sleep.
Honestly, I don't know how I'm going to do this, but it has to be done.
Some updates to tide you over:
This website will continue to undergo changes...
I read this scary article for bloggers: Bloggers Beware: You Can Get Sued for Using Pics on Your Blog and then I started reading up on Legal Liability for Bloggers and then I freaked out and went back through all of my posts from the beginning and tried to clean them up. I'm not close to being done yet, (I haven't even gotten to pages like Geekery, which is a huge reposting mess) because I use a lot of images in my posts: some public domain, some that qualified under fair use, and some that did not. I had to stop working on this clean-up so I could write more for school, but if you're wondering why certain posts and images disappeared, that's why--read those articles. Seriously. And then look at what you're doing.
I also added some statements to help protect the artists whose work I feature on this site for the Lily and Andresh project. I bought the commission and received permission from the artists to share it on my blog, but those images are still copyright protected. So I started adding disclaimers and copyright statements to each post to let readers know what they can and can't use. It's a lot of work, but it needs to be done.
|Lily and Andresh (c) Maruka.|
It's grown and grown. Here are the artists who've already done artwork or will do artwork (discovered via Deviant Art)--they're all very talented, and all have completely different styles and interpretations of the characters, which is really, really cool:
- BigSheezy (in progress)
- Forever-Nocturne (waitlisted)
- Jack Crowder (completed)
- Juhaihai (one of two completed)
- Maruka (completed)
- RyouGirl (completed)
- Spikie (completed)
- Tiuana Rui (waitlisted)
- Valsharea (in progress)
PLEASE COMMISSION THESE ARTISTS! Everyone is broke right now, but artists need to help each other out (that means writers and artists together)!